Monday, February 25, 2013

Bakersfield Radio: Ralph Bailey Joins KERN

Ralph Bailey
Bakersfield radio talker Ralph Bailey has announced his next big move.

Bailey said he will be joining KERN 1180 AM, starting March 4. Bailey made this statement on Facebook, Friday afternoon: 
"It is official!!! I signed a contract today to join American General Media.  I'll begin my own 3-6 p.m. drive time show on Monday, March 4.  I could not be happier! 
I have security in a business that is not that secure and for the first time in my life I'm making a little scratch! 
I'd like to thank Rogers Brandon and Toni Snyder.  It is great to feel wanted and appreciated.  Finally, I hope many of you will come with me on this new and exciting adventure.  My dear, sainted, widowed mother and Rep. Kevin McCarthy will be my first guests on the NEW Ralph Bailey Show on KERN 1180!!! Ain't life grand!!!!!!"
 Bailey abruptly quit KNZR 1560 AM  February 24. (See original posting, ClickHere.)

Bailey has accepted a job at KERN Radio, replacing talk show host Scott Cox in that time slot.

Cox, meanwhile, is now hosting a new three-hour news show 6a to 9am, "First Look with Scott Cox." The venture represents a media partnership between American General Media, which owns KERN Radio, and newspaper, The Californian.

The program will be simulcast on KERN-AM, 1180, and streamed live in high definition video on Bakersfield.com. In a statement, newspaper executives said they believe the venture to be one of the first of its kind in the nation.

The new morning show will replace syndicated talk show host Laura Ingraham's program, but AGM General Manager Toni Snyder said she is considering finding a new time slot -- possibly at a different AGM station -- for the conservative commentator.

2 comments:

  1. Big Mistake......Bailey vs Levin........you can do better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, you left THE best network in California to work for the worst. They are in league with the Californian my friend. It will not take long for you to realize your mistake. Because of their unholy alliance with the liers and morons at the local rag, I will not tune to that station. You had a great show, its a shame you cut your audience in half.

    Its good to take chances in life, but lowering your standards for a little more green is never wise.

    ReplyDelete