Monday, March 18, 2013

Report: Howard Stern ‘Insulted' By TV Rumors

Howard Stern
Howard Stern is sounding off on the rumor that NBC is considering offering him the Late Night slot currently occupied by Jimmy Fallon.

And he's not having any of it. According to E! News.

"First of all, what an insult," the shock jock said on his satellite radio show Monday. "Like, all the years of my career. I'm like, the biggest guy in radio. I've done film. I've done television…I mean, they act like I'm some kind of f--king beginner or something…Maybe if I'm really nice to NBC they'll let me take over carson daly's show at like 2 o'clock in the morning."

The New York Post claimed in a story last week that peacock execs are "grooming" the shock jock for the 12:30 a.m. time slot should Fallon take over The Tonight Show from Jay Leno, whose contract is up in 2014.

The report stated that NBC thinks Stern's more palatable for prime time now given his role as a judge on America's Got Talent, a feeling his wife Beth apparently seconded when the Post quoted her as saying, "He is one of the best interviewers out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment