Wednesday, May 22, 2013

DWTS: Kellie Pickler Is Belle of The Ball

Country star and former American Idol finalist Kellie Pickler, 26, was the belle of the disco ball Tuesday night on ABC's Dancing With the Stars, scoring 10s for her final jive with pro partner Derek Hough and taking the mirrored trophy over NFL great Jacoby Jones and Disney star Zendaya.

"I'm overwhelmed with joy. I'm kinda speechless for the first time," Pickler said after the show. "Usually, I'm spitting out words left and right. Now I don't know what to say."

USAToday reports as the final announcement between Pickler and Zendaya neared, she said, "I was just standing there and there was just two of us yet. I was kind of playing the whole journey through my mind. I was visualizing every dance. We made so many memories out here on the dance floor and in the studio."

For the season, Dancing is averaging 14.3 million viewers and is down 17% in viewers and 23% among young adults (18-to-49) from last spring's cycle. However, it is up 1% in viewers and flat in young adults compared to the fall's all-star edition, which some thought was missing the appeal of dancing newcomers.

In the fall, ABC announced last week, the network will eliminate the lower-rated results show, consolidating performances and results into one night.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment