Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cleveland Radio: Ex-WMMS Jock Alan Cox Vows To Work Again

aka Alan Cox
Former Cleveland radio personality and comedian Chad Zumock took a plea deal in his drunken driving case from last year.

On Nov. 30, Zumock was driving on Lake Avenue in Lakewood when he went off the road and hit a tree just after 3 a.m., according to Newnet5.com.

The 38-year-old was not injured in the crash and refused a breathalyzer test. He was charged with operating a vehicle under the influence, failure to control and a seatbelt violation.

On Monday, Zumock said he pleaded guilty to reckless operating. The conviction is a four-point violation, which will stay on his license for two years. Ohio drivers who accumulate 12 points have their licenses automatically suspended for six months.

“After six months dealing with an extremely horrible situation, I am glad I was able to tell my side of the story and accept a reasonable plea. I am still overwhelmed with the amount of people that come up to me and show their support,” Zumock told NewsChannel5. “This is why I love Cleveland and I hope to work in Cleveland media once again very soon.”

Zumock used to be on the Alan Cox Show on WMMS 100.7 FM. Days after the crash, the radio station said his contract had expired and it would not be renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment