Friday, June 21, 2013

NYC Radio: Listeners Review The NashFM Morning Show

Well, one would wonder what the research, assuming there was research, told Cumulus about a morning show in NYC.  After just one day their fans have been vocal about the new morning show “America’s Morning Show” with Blair Garner et al on NashFM 94.7

Here’s a sampling of comments from the NashFM Facebook page.  There were also a number of  mentions about reception being poor.  Sounds like a tough start.  (There are real names attached to these comments on FB, I opted to ID by gender only)

The Negative:
  • MALE: Well it was nice while it lasted. Looks like Nash FM is officially all talk and little to no music. What a disappointment. Back to Pandora and iHeartRadio for country music.
  • FEMALE: When are you going to listen to the people that support COUNTRY MUSIC in NY/NJ? REVIEW all the negative posts! Do not ignore us! This is why we lost country music on the radio before! WE WANT OUR COUNTRY MUSIC...not TALK about nonsense. I am sure the ADULT audience does not care about Miley Cyrus kissing a barbie doll! PLEASE PLAY MORE MUSIC and leave the nonsense talk to the rest of the market. I will try again to listen, but if the talk continues...I plan on listening after 10 am. Sorry guys...Love Terri and Lee Ann but really would love to hear you play their MUSIC! Like the kid in the AT&T commercial....MORE IS BETTER..WE WANT MORE MUSIC! WE WANT MORE MUSIC! Less talk is better!
  • FEMALE:  The morning show is TERRIBLE. No offense to the DJs personally, but I want to hear MUSIC in the morning. If I wanted to listen to stupid, pointless conversations on my way to work, I'd put on any other NY radio station. You have officially lost a listener.
  • FEMALE:  New Flash... you are a country station and I do not care one thin hair about Micheal Jackson and his family. So knock it off with the chit chat.
  • MALE:  Get rid of this morning show and play us some music. They talk about nonsense.
  • FEMALE: If I wanted to hear people yapping instead of music during my commute to work, Id listen to z100....back to the ipod it is....stop trying to be like everyone else and just play country music!
  • FEMALE:  to be honest the morning show sucks, To be honest you are one country station, your specail enough you dont have to keep up with the Jones ( z100, hot97, 92.3, ktu ) they all kinda over lap music so they need a morning show, LESS TALK MORE MUSIC, PLEASe i dont want to have to change the station to another one ever again.
  • MALE:  Less talk more music...enough said!!
  • FEMALE:  Are you purposely alienating your fan base? Shut up and play music!!!
  • FEMALE:  this morning show is absolutely terrible. i thought the whole reason of nash fm was to bring back country music to ny & north jersey. all i'm hearing is another z100 morning show that i dread listening to every morning on my half hour commute to work. get your shit together nash, and get back to playing nonstop music. no one wants to listen to people talk about nonsense, if they did, they can turn on 92.3. i will no longer be listening to your station on the way to work in the morning, and instead i will be listening to my ipod or a cd....
  • FEMALE: Reception poor this morning. When I could hear the station all I heard was stupid talk. If I want to hear talk ill go to AM radio. But I don't, I want to hear COUNTRY music, so I'll go back to satellite.
Jockline Daily Graphic
The Positive:
  • FEMALE:  Welcome to the new morning crew. It was fun listening this morning on the drive to work. I'd love to hear some Ronnie Dunn on my drive especially his new song "Kiss You There" somewhere between 7 and 7:30 AM. Thanks
  • FEMALE:  Great morning show. Enjoyed the talk , mixed with music. Your morning team is excellent. Always listened to Blair on "After Midnight". Glad he's now doing the morning show on NASH.
Tom's Take: Give Cumulus credit for having the courage to keep the FB comments posted. But maybe the suits don't know about the Facebook page?  In any event leave it to 'radio people' to screw-up a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment