Thursday, July 25, 2013

Report: Keith Olbermann Can Talk Politics On ESPN

Keith Olbermann
Contrary to an earlier report that his new nightly ESPN show will be devoid of any talk about politics, anchorman Keith Olbermann said that he’ll be free to range topically when the show makes its debut next month in the 11 p.m. slot, according to The Washington Post.

“There is no such clause [in my contract],” Olbermann said, speaking to the Television Critics Association on Wednesday afternoon in Beverly Hills, Calif.

“I’m not intending to talk about politics – certainly not in the partisan sense … for the simple reason that it is a sports show. There’s nothing preventing me from doing it, other than common sense. I’ve enjoyed the work I’ve done in politics and news, but that’s not what this is.”

The show, called “Olbermann,” will premiere Aug. 26. It marks the 54-year-old broadcaster’s return to ESPN, the network that made him famous two decades ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment