Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kalamazoo Radio: Lori Moore Signs-Off Friday

Lori Moore
Lori Moore, one of the most recognizable names and voices in Kalamazoo radio, announced today she is leaving WKZO 590 AM. Her last day will be Friday.

Moore, who started her Kalamazoo radio career in 1981, is the host of "The Lori Moore Show," which airs weekdays from 6 to 10 a.m. on WKZO-AM (590). Moore, 54, has been at WKZO for 18 years.

“It’s really sad. I spent 18 years there, which is a quarter of KZO’s history, practically. I felt like I had a connection with the people and the clients. It’s sad. On the other hand, I don’t have to get up 3:45 a.m. anymore," Moore said during a phone interview with mlive.com.

Moore will be on air Thursday, including a remote broadcast from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kellogg Community Federal Credit Union on Romence Road. For her final show, Moore said she has regularly scheduled guests, "but I imagine people will call in. I'm not sure how it will play out. I'll just try not to cry."

WKZO was owned by Fairfield Broadcasting, which hired Moore and made her a morning host in 1995. Former Fairfield owner Stephen Trivers, who hired Moore, called her a "remarkable talent."  WKZO station was sold to Midwest Communications in 2006.

Moore said the decision to leave was hers.

“This is my idea. I didn’t get fired. Things have changed. It’s time to go," she said. "I want to do something else."

No comments:

Post a Comment