Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rush Limbaugh Cuts the Cake In Orlando

Rush Limbaugh and WFLF/WFLA Morning Host Bud Hedinger
With so many radio execs and owners in Orlando for the NAB/RAB Radio Show this week, syndicated Premiere Rush Limbaugh took advantage of the opportunity to have an affiliate meet-and-greet.

Local Orlando affiliate WFLF "WFLA' 540 AM/104.5 FM helped host a reception at the Ritz-Carlton.

Rush expressed deep appreciation to those attending to to some 600 affiliates on the occasion of his 25th Anniversary of his national show.

Speaking about the importance of the relationship between the personality and the radio station, Limbaugh said from his earliest days in radio, he’s always believed that “it takes the radio station to make the personality, the personality can’t make the radio station.” 

Limbaugh referring to the controversial nature of talk radio “And Lord knows, I’ve put you through hell.”

“Probably more times than even I know!  I’m aware of the times I know.  I can’t tell you how much it means to me that whatever the obstacle or controversy – whenever it pops up – that you all hang in there.  One thing that’s such a blessing of freedom: I don’t have to worry when those things happen that you’re going to be affected by whatever the media is attempting or whatever detractors are attempting.  The one thing that fuels me and gives me confidence and strength is I know I’m not going to lose you all…and I’m going to be forever grateful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment