Thursday, October 31, 2013

Corpus Christi Radio: Jim Lago Undeterred By Hearing Loss

Jim Lago, the outspoken radio talk show host of "Lago in the Morning" on KKTX 1360 AM is used to hearing himself talk for almost four hours straight every morning.

But on the morning of October 16, everything went quiet, according to KRIS-TV.

When Lago turned on the television, he knew something was wrong, but he didn't think there was anything wrong with him.

It wasn't until after Lago had his morning coffee and climbed into the shower that something truly troubling was happening to him.

"I put my head against the tile, and I suddenly realized, 'Hey, I can't hear the water hitting my head.'"

In fact, Lago couldn't hear much of anything.

"I thought, 'wait a minute...' So, I started talking to myself, and it sounded like I was way, way far away. I couldn't really tell if I was saying the words. The only thing I could feel was vibrating in my throat."

Lago's doctors are running tests, but they still aren't sure what's causing the problem or how long it will last.

What's worse than the difficulty hearing, Lago says, is the shrill ringing he now hears constantly. He explained the sound as a combination of a tea kettle whistling and thunder clapping without reprieve.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment