Tuesday, October 29, 2013

LA Radio: Kanye West Visits KAMP-FM

Kanye, Michelle
Kanye West dropped by the KAMP 97.1 FM studios Monday.

“We still haven’t seen a video as good as that video. Like five years later, we still haven’t seen a video that good,” says 36-year-old rapper Kanye West, referring to his controversial interruption of Taylor Swift’s speech during the 2009 MTV VMAs where he exclaimed that Beyoncé should have won the award for “Best Female Video” for “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It).”

In the last five years, West has had a beautiful daughter, met “goddess” and “love of his life” Kim Kardashian, started the “product experience and design company” DONDA in honor of his mother, and swam successfully through the backlash of that moment that shifted society’s perspective on him to the negative.

During a 30+ minute interview with AMP Radio’s Michelle, West explained that he’s not “fearless.” He just has courage. “I have fear but I overcome my fear,” he explained. “I know how to swim through backlash. I can tread water through backlash…If anything, that’s all giving me power. Negative. Positive. It’s all energy. And I can use energy.”



No comments:

Post a Comment