Thursday, November 7, 2013

Chicago Radio: Keith Moreland Leaves Cubs Broadcast Booth

Keith Moreland
Radio WGN 720 AM announced Wednesday that former Cub and Cubs radio baseball color analyst Keith Moreland has made the decision to leave the broadcast booth to spend more time with his family.

In a note to the WGN staff, Moreland stated, “I would like to thank the fans, the folks at WGN Radio, my colleagues in the booth, the Ricketts family, and the Cubs for this great opportunity. After spending three years doing it, I’ve simply decided that I want to spend more time at home in Texas.”

Moreland became a permanent fixture with play-by-play broadcaster Pat Hughes in February of 2011. “I immensely enjoyed my three years with Keith. He was fun to be around, insightful, and a team player. Like our listeners, I feel like I learned a little more about baseball each day from him. I wish Keith all the best and I will miss him greatly,” said Hughes.

WGN Radio Sports Director Dave Eanet said, “On behalf of WGN Radio, we want to thank Keith for three great years in the booth. He’s been a terrific member of our Cubs broadcast team, on and off the air. We’ll miss his baseball insight, his energy, and upbeat personality.”

Moreland spent six of his 12 major league seasons with the Cubs (1982-87), helping the Cubs to the 1984 National League East crown. “Keith was a terrific player and great voice for baseball on WGN,” said Crane Kenney, President of Business Operations for the Chicago Cubs. “Keith gave Cubs fans a great perspective on baseball and they trusted him with calling every game. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.”

No comments:

Post a Comment