Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Cumulus, Mike Huckabee To Part Company

Mike Huckabee
Now we know why Dennis Miller's syndicated show is being moved by WestwoodOne into the Noon-3p timeslot.

Cumulus Media syndicated Mike Huckabee is ending his Noon-3pm Eastern Show. Huckabee's last show is December 12 and he made the announcement on his Facebook page:

"The Mike Huckabee Show on radio, which was heard 3 hours a day on over 200 radio stations across the country since April of 2012 will conclude its run at the end of the final show on Thursday, December 12. 
This does not in any way effect The Huckabee Report, my three times daily commentary which is now heard on over 500 radio stations and continues to grow. It will remain without interruption and grow in the future. 
I have loved doing the Mike Huckabee Show, and it's success of going from launch to over 200 stations in less than 2 years is significant, but the contract was at a decision point for both Cumulus Media and me, and we mutually agreed to conclude. 
I have opportunities in some other areas that cannot be accomplished given the 8-9 hours a day I was devoting to the daily long form show,” Huckabee wrote. “In the original development of the show, I set out to develop a talk radio show that focused on civil discourse on complicated topics as well as human events and stories from the entertainment world, I feel we have done that and done it well. 
I am forever grateful to the really wonderful affiliates and their listeners who have been so very supportive, and to the advertisers who entrusted me with their brands and products,” he added. “I look forward to doing some Town Hall events in conjunction with Cumulus Media in 2014 as well as continuing with the Huckabee Report. 
As for the new endeavors, at this time, it would best for me to say, ‘Stay tuned!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment