Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Rush Revere Goes to the Bookstore

Rush Limbaugh did some on-the-scene monitoring of sales of his new book Sunday afternoon in West Palm Beach, Florida.

The book ‘Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims’ west on sale nationawide last week and on his show Monday Limbaugh talked about his bookstore adventure.

“I snuck into a bookstore yesterday. Yes, I snuck into a bookstore. I wanted to watch copies of the book just rolling off the shelves. So I put on some shades and Kathryn and I went in there. I snuck some pictures. You're not supposed to take pictures in there, in any of these stores, so I snuck in there with the shades. I got spotted two or three times. People were good, they left us alone.

So I walked in there and picked up a copy, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims, and I start thumbing through it with the shades on, took the pictures, went and found the audio section, took some pictures. It was crowded.

What's noteworthy is I did this on an NFL Sunday. Normally, my butt is parked in front of my big screen on Sundays. But I looked at the early games and they weren't any big deal. The Steelers were playing a 4:30 game and I know it's gonna be a blowout and they're gonna lose, so I said, "What the heck."

So we went up to this place and went into a store and then after that we actually went into a restaurant and had lunch. Can you believe that? We did it with the shades on, sat at the bar. It was cool."

According to Limbaugh, “This book, because it's a kids book and because of Harry Potter, will not show up on the main New York Times best-seller list. When the Harry Potter books came out they dominated it for weeks and weeks. They were deemed to be children's books, and so there's been a policy change.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment