Monday, March 17, 2014

R.I.P.: Rochester Radio Host Mordecai Lipshutz

Mordecai Lipshutz
Former WXXI 91.5 FM classical radio host Mordecai Lipshutz died on March 9.

He was 64, according to The Rochester, NY Democrat-Chronicle.

Lipshutz retired in 2008 after heart issues, and had battled illnesses in the past several months, WXXI said.

"We are saddened to hear the news of Mordecai, who was the voice of classical music in Rochester for more than 30 years," said WXXI President Norm Silverstein in the statement announcing Lipshutz's death. "His soothing voice, incredible knowledge of Classical music, and his music selections – made him everyone's favorite afternoon drive home companion."

Lipshutz spent 32 years at WXXI-FM, with his last years spent in the afternoon drive-time shift.

1 comment:

  1. I worked with Mordecai back in the day. When I moved to the Philadelphia area, he came to visit me. We had a good lunch. He taught me the value of cloth napkins. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. Peace, Valerie Elverton Dixon

    ReplyDelete