Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bob Shannon Resigns From The Conclave

Bob Shannon
In an unexpected move, Executive Director Bob Shannon of The Conclave resigned from the Minneapolis non-profit yesterday citing health issues.

“Upon my return from the NAB late Thursday evening, I experienced a medical episode that brought paramedics to my home in the middle of the night,” said Shannon. “Fortunately, the problem wasn’t as life threatening as was originally thought, but it has prompted some soul searching on my part. Therefore, after consulting with my physician and my family, I have decided to curtail all business activities for the foreseeable future and will be resigning all of my obligations over the next few weeks. Sadly, that includes the Conclave.”

Conclave Chairman Mark Bolke stated, "Obviously, Bob's health and well-being is my primary concern, and I respect his decision. As Executive Director of the Conclave, Bob brought with him the passion of a real radio broadcaster. Not only in regards to what made it so compelling in the past, but a vision of what it still can be. He is a champion of the medium, and never afraid to tell it like it is. It's been a pleasure serving with Bob, a true gentleman, and we wish him the very best."

Shannon says he intends to rest for the spring and summer and will announce future plans come fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment