Thursday, May 8, 2014

Detroit Radio: WCHB Taps Cliff Russell For Talk Slot

Cliff Russell
Cliff Russell has been named to fill the time slot at WCHB 1200 AM formerly headed by award-winning journalist Angelo Henderson, according to The Detroit News.

“I am pleased and honored to announce that I have been hired to host “Detroit Speaks with Cliff Russell,” he wrote in a Facebook posting on Wednesday night. “I’ve been filling in as host for the past two-and-a-half weeks, but I will officially begin hosting the midday program on Monday, May 12th.”

A former basketball player, Russell has been a press secretary for former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer, a radio talk show host and was the first African-American media relations member of the Detroit Tigers, according to Detroit News archives.

He takes over for Henderson, who died Feb. 15 at his home in Pontiac.

1 comment:

  1. when someone tells the truth then you are canned. this is wrong I and many others has learned so much from Cliff Russell He a great teacher. Gladys Is fine, but not in this time slot. When I search and search for him. when he spoke on the behalf of Flint, You just drop him like a hot potato this is so wrong. "WAKE UP" I DON'T DO FACEBOOK....SO IF THIS DOESN'T GET PUBLISH. I AM GLAD I SAID SOMETHING. TO DAY MAY GOD BE THE GLORY....AMEN!

    ReplyDelete