Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fresno Radio: PD Skip Essick OUT At KMJ

Skip Essick
Fresno radio station KMJ  580 AM / 105.9 FM  has parted ways with Program Director Skip Essick.

Essick, according to The Business Journal, exited the station after seven years at KMJ AM and FM, during which he launched the partially-separately-programmed FM side in 2009 and instituted live and local AM programming.

Essick said his last day was Thursday. "My experience at KMJ was very rewarding, particularly working for General Manager Patty Hixson and previous owner Todd Lawley," he said.  "I was given a wonderful and rare opportunity to program locally. I was able to recruit a talented staff as well as work with some market legends. I met some outstanding people in Fresno."

Essick said his employment agreement was to expire at the end of this year. "I think the new (Cumulus) owners wanted to install their program management in time for the last quarter of the year," he said.

Regarding his own plans: "I have heard from a lot of different people about some opportunities. Nothing specific at this point. I will take my time and relax a little this summer."

Essick joined KMJ after 11 years at Clear Channel’s West Michigan clusters as vice president and market manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment