Monday, October 6, 2014

Howard Stern Remembers Kevin Metheny

Howard Stern semi-fondly remembered Kevin Metheny Monday morning. Metheny was Stern's boss at WNBC back in the '80s.

"I do feel bad for his family, and I do feel bad to see him gone," Stern said Monday morning, three days after Metheny's death.

"He was so creative at humiliating me," Stern said. "He would throw things at the glass, it would shake me to the core. Or I'd be on the air, and he'd come running in and start waving his hands back and forth telling me to cut."

Metheny was the inspiration behind Paul Giamatti's portrayal of "Pig Vomit" in the 1997 movie "Private Parts," based on Stern's autobiographical book of the same name. Stern regularly referred to Metheny as "Pig Virus" on his WNBC show.


"I felt bad for some people's portrayal in the movie, but not him," Stern said. "If anything, it was too light."

No comments:

Post a Comment