Thursday, October 9, 2014

Salem's Greg Anderson Retiring

Greg Anderson
Salem Communications Corporation announced today the retirement of veteran senior executive Greg Anderson. Capping a 44-year career in radio, including the last 21 years at Salem, Greg will step down as President of the Salem Radio Network, effective December 31, 2014.

Salem Communications CEO Edward Atsinger, who appointed Greg as the first General Manager of the newly established Salem Radio Network, has this to say about Greg:

"Launching a new national radio network to serve Christian and conservative audiences was no small undertaking. When I appointed Greg Anderson to lead this effort, I had enormous confidence in his vision, experience, and determination. Today I can say that Greg surpassed even my own high expectations. He is, without question, one of the finest radio professionals I have ever worked with."

The Salem Radio Network comprises Salem's nationally syndicated news, music, and talk programs, along with Salem Media Reps & Vista Media Reps -- the only media rep firms specializing in Christian, family-themed, and conservative media.

Speaking of his radio career and tenure at Salem Communications, Greg said:

"Looking back I have been incredibly blessed to work for great radio stations and great media companies including, for the past 21 years, Salem Communications. I am particularly indebted to Ed Atsinger and Stu Epperson who have supported me along the way in the creation and growth of our national businesses. Most of all I am in awe of the Salem National team who stop at nothing to accomplish great things year after year. They are simply the best. It's been my privilege and pleasure to have worked with them."

Upon his retirement, other Salem senior executives will assume Greg's responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment