Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Portland OR Radio: Chris Mays OUT At KINK-FM


Chris Mays, longtime Program Director at Alpga Media's KINK 101.9 FM, is no longer with the station.

No reason has been given on her sudden departure but, Mays did share the following thoughts with colleagues and golocalpdx.com:
Chris Mays
"I am extremely proud to have worked at some of the finest, most influential stations...and I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to lend my talents and years of expertise to help those stations achieve unprecedented successes....Working in Portland has been no exception.   
During my 4 years here, KINK was nominated for the Marconi Award for Best Rock Station in the nation in both 2011 and 2012. We won in 2012! I have been honored as Best Programmer in the Triple A format for the past two years. And KINK received the award for best station of the Year by our peers at the Triple A Conference this summer... We have enjoyed very high ratings in the format for much of my four years here. 
However, situations do change. While I will always cherish my time at KINK and Alpha Media, I feel it’s time for a change. And so it’s with mixed feelings that I’ve decided to move on. I’m going to take some time off to enjoy traveling and seeing family. After that, we’ll see what the future holds."
Mays departure comes on the heels of morning host Marconi's ouster  (not to be confused with the award) less than two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment