Monday, January 19, 2015

L-A Radio: Mark Thomspon To Start Feb. 2 On KSWD-FM


Bonneville International/Los Angeles has announced it will debut its new morning show, Mark In The Morning, on Classic Rock KSWD 100.3 FM The Sound on Monday February 2.

It will be Mark Thompson's return to L-A radio, following his departure from KLOS in August 2012.

Thompson, Andy Chanley
Also, Thompson has announced that he will be joined on-air by a team that includes The Sound personality Andy Chanley and new hire Gina Grad. In addition, Thompson’s new show will also incorporate field pieces hosted by his 22 year-old daughter, Katie, who will serve as the show’s "Chick On The Street."

Katie Thompson said, "I know this is just my dad’s way of getting me off the Thompson family dole.  But, growing up, I couldn’t believe my dad actually got paid to do all those shenanigans. And it has been my goal not to have a real job either."

Gina Grad
"As my previous 25-year LA run has taught me," said Thompson, "a great morning show takes more than just one guy and a microphone.  Being funny and entertaining at 6:00 am ain’t easy, but Andy and Gina have kept me laughing all week as we have been working on plans for the show. That’s a very good sign. Plus, we’ve got great Classic Rock music, and that stuff never fails to get the old morning motor revving."

Added Grad, "Even though I had no idea who Mark Thompson was until he dragged me down to Hollywood Blvd. and made me look at his star on the Walk of Fame, I was thrilled to be offered a full-time gig, so needless to say, I took the job."

KSWD 100.3 FM (5.4 Kw) Red=60dBu Coverage Area
Chanley said, "Let’s face it, anyone who’s enjoyed 25 years of radio success like Mark has, really needs to be taken down a peg or two. If I can do that every day for Southern California, I think everybody wins."

No comments:

Post a Comment