Saturday, January 31, 2015

Radio Talker Michael Medved Discloses Throat Cancer Fight

Michael Medved
Fellow broadcasters are sending get-well wishes to syndicated radio host Michael Medved, who have disclosed he has stage three throat cancer, and is taking a leave of absence while undergoing treatment.

Medved told his listeners on the air and in a letter on Friday afternoon, according to CNN Money.

"I always knew that it would take something serious to keep me away from the microphone I cherish for an extended period of time," Medved wrote. "As it turns out, I am facing something serious. It's called cancer."

He said he was diagnosed in the middle of December and began treatment immediately.

"My prognosis for full recovery is very good; in the great majority of cases, this is a highly curable form of cancer," he wrote. "In fact, given my fierce desire to keep doing the show I managed to broadcast every day while completing more than half of my daily radiation and weekly chemotherapy treatments."

Medved said he'd like to keep broadcasting, "but my voice -- the most essential tool in radio -- won't cooperate."

Fellow talk radio host Mark Davis, an occasional guest host for Rush Limbaugh in the past, will fill in while Medved is away. Other fill-in hosts will be David Boze and Arthur Brooks.

Medved said he'd like to return to his show shortly after his "last scheduled radiation treatment" on February 26.

He is syndicated by Salem Communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment