Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tampa Radio: John Mayer Named PD At iHM's WFLZ-FM

John Mayer
iHeartMedia/Tama has named John Mayer Program Director of Top40 WFLZ 93.3 FM.

The move is effective May 1 and he fills the slot vacated by Tommy Chuck, who departed in January to program iHM's Top40 WIHT Washington Dc and Country WPOC in Baltimore.

“This was an extremely important position to fill. WFLZ is the market’s leading radio station in ratings and revenue," said Doug Hamand, Senior Vice President of Programming, iHeartMedia Tampa Bay. "This is a very important leadership role at iHeartMedia Tampa and John Mayer fits these needs with his fun, creative and motivational leadership skills. He loves the industry and will make a terrific complement to the stellar Programming team we have in Tampa.”

"I’m honored to join the iHeartMedia team in Tampa. Since I first got into radio I have always dreamed about ending up at the legendary WFLZ, and I couldn’t be happier to take this next step for both my family and my career," said Mayer. "I want to thank the entire team in Nashville for all they have taught me and I can’t wait to start my next adventure with The Kane Show and everyone at 93.3 FLZ."

WFLZ 93.3 FM (97 Kw) Red=60dBu Local Coverage Area
Originally from New York, Mayer started his career as a backyard DJ and rose to bigger jobs hosting his own club nights before opening for acts like No Doubt and Pitbull. After taking his skills for mixing songs to college radio, Mayer fell in love with radio and took on an internship with the local Top 40 station, which transitioned into a full time position shortly after getting his Master’s Degree in broadcast journalism.

He previously helped program Top40s WKCI in New Haven and WRVW in Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment