Saturday, June 13, 2015

Chicago Radio: Andrew Finnegan Leaving WTMX

Andrew Finnegan
Evening personality Andrew Hart a.k.a. Andrew Finnegan at Hubbard's AC WTMX 101.9 FM The Mix has announced he's leaving the station for a role on the morning show at KOIT in San Francisco.

The 23-year-old began Chicago radio career started in February 2008, when Finnegan as hired as a part-time weekend host for WKSC-FM/103.5 Kiss FM, as well as doing weekend voice tracking for a handful of other Clear Channel-owned stations, including the St. Louis and Jacksonville markets.

On his personal Facebook page today, Finnegan/Hart wrote:
"At this time, I have to keep the details short. With that said, I have announced my resignation at 101.9 THE MIX. I was approached, and have accepted an exciting Morning Show opportunity on the west coast. 
After over 5 amazing and indescribable years in Chicago, the city that I now call home, I'll be making a new home out west. I want to thank each and every one of you for listening to me on Kiss-FM and THE MIX the past 5 years. It truly means the world to me. To say that the people I have met and had the chance to work with in Chicago, are first class, is an understatement. 
My best memories have been made right here in this city and it's impossible to describe my experiences. More than anything, I just want to thank you for welcoming me with your friendship and hospitality. 
Next week will be my last week on the air at THE MIX as I host the Afternoon Show for Koz. More to come, soon! Love you all! ...I guess the only way to end this is by saying one thing... GO HAWKS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment