Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pittsburgh Radio: Jim Krenn Sets On-Air Return

Jim Krenn
Jim Krenn is headed back to morning drive. The longtime radio host will host the morning show on Q92.9/WLTJ 92.9 FM  starting July 6, according to the Post-Gazette.

“The Jim Krenn Show on Q92.9 — Pittsburgh’s Morning Show” will air from 6 to 9 a.m. weekdays, followed by a one-hour best-of show from 9 to 10 a.m. The show will feature comedy skits and Mr. Krenn’s signature characters.

Kreen replaces  John Cline, Dave Cook and Maria D’Antonio, who departed last week.

Mr. Krenn has been a longtime fixture on the Pittsburgh airwaves, including a 24-year run on the WDVE 102.5 FM morning show that ended in 2010, Since then, Mr. Krenn launched his “No Restrictions” comedy podcast, has been a weekly regular on the KDKA-AM morning show and continues to do his stand-up appearances.

The new Q92.9 morning team includes Terry Jones, Mike Wysocki and Mike Sasson — all of whom are regulars on “No Restrictions.”

“We’ve been having such a great time. They are so talented,” Mr. Krenn said. “I enjoy riffing with them.” Q92 midday host Debbie Wilde will also be part of the morning lineup.

WLTJ 92.9 FM (43 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area
“I can’t wait to get back to doing morning radio,” Mr. Krenn said. “There’s nothing like that connection with the listeners. I can’t wait to be Pittsburgh’s alarm clock again.”

15 comments:

  1. I do not listen to this station anymore. It's horrible. I liked John, Dave and Maria MUCH BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - too much talk with Krenn and not enough music

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I don't listen to 92.9 anymore because the new lineup SUCKS. I don't know why they made the change. John, Dave and Maria had great chemistry which is so important to a morning show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 92.9 lost another long time listener. I do not enjoy the so called witty repartee and there is a lack of music and local news and info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not like the new morning show. I guess the programming group thinks we want to hear college bathroom type humor in the morning instead of good music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit listening to this brash talk type show - will be looking for the new home of John and Dave to be my once again favorite station.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very disappointed when I tuned into 92.9 a few weeks ago, as I had to do a double take on the dial....thought I had tuned into one of the local rock stations. I don't think I will be tuning into the morning show any longer. The Jimmy Krenn Morning show style is primarily why I never tuned into WDVE in the past. Very much geared toward men with too many immature jokes and chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. John, Dave, and Maria were pleasantly different than other local morning show hosts. I can't seem to get into the new show and because of that, I've taken 92.9 off of my radio pre-sets. Such a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really miss John, Dave and Maria. I loved their morning show. I hate the new one. I tried to listen because I couldn't find John or Dave anywhere else but the new morning show is not funny, not interesting and soooo boring. I will listen to 94.5 or Bob FM until John or Dave are back on the air.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I came back from vacation and heard my alarm clock/music go off... I thought that I had accidently changed the station! I was totally blind-sided by a new morning show host. I had hoped he was just a fill-in, for whatever reason...I was wrong! I listened for a few mornings and I hated it! I am now listening to another morning show that still doesn't quite measure up to the entertainment and listening pleasure of the John, Dave and Maria show :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Extremely disappointed with the new team. Immature humor, too much boring talk, and not enough music. I miss the chemistry and fun that were John, Dave, and Maria. They were my buddies for over a year after I discovered them during early morning commutes... The one thing I could really look forward to on crappy mornings. I listen to 105.9 in the mornings now because the new group sucks. I gave them a week or so and runs in occasionally to see if they've gotten any better, but no luck. I don't even know what happened to John, Dave, and Maria. I hope they're ok. )':

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to hear Jim Krenn back on the morning airwaves. His everyone else is an amateur compared to him. There is no morning show in the area that hasn't been influenced by him. Im happy the original is finally back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So disappointed John, Dave and Maria are no longer on 92.9. It was shocking and I no longer listen to this station. I keep surfing to see if another station picked them up, but no luck. I now listen to Bubba on 100.7. I always liked him when John Dave Shelly and Bubba were together back in the day. Good luck 92.9!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning show is AWFUL....Whoever made the decision to get rid of John, Dave and Maria is insane. Thank god for 100.7 and Bubba, because Krenn is an immature offensive and irritating human. Would listen to birds chirp before I put that clown on my radio

    ReplyDelete
  15. John, Dave, and Maria were much better. I quit listening to this station after Jim Krenn's first day. It was a complete switch, impossible to keep the same listeners, I guess. Good luck to you guys. Peace.

    ReplyDelete