Friday, August 7, 2015

Orlando Radio: WOMX Morning Personality Now In Hospice Care

Scott McKenzie
The Orlando broadcast community and thousands of radio listeners were saddened to hear that longtime WOMX 105.1 FM Mix Morning personality Scott McKenzie is now receiving hospice care.

The news came from Scott himself in a blog post on the WOMX website.  Scott,  who has been on-air at the station for 24-years, has been battling non-Hodgkins cancer for the past eight years.

After missing on-air work for the past 30-days, McKenzie writes he called hospice this past Wednesday.  He states "they were at our door (that evening) talking about their wonderful services. I just couldn’t believe they were talking to me. Final healthcare arrangements have been made, and now we begin the focus on my comfort as I say my goodbyes."

He thanked listeners: "Your constant love and support has gotten us through so much during this cancer battle. Knowing you’ve been by our side has been sincerely appreciated by my family on a daily basis. Most of all, thank you for the privilege of waking you up all these years. I am so grateful to call you my Orlando family."

He concludes: "I’m currently hooked up to an oxygen tank to help me take full breaths, but it’s my dream to be able to make it back in the studio with the other corny goofballs for a brief goodbye, and to hold down that microphone 'on' switch one more time."

1 comment: