Wednesday, October 21, 2015

IA Radio: After 36 Years, Bruce Wasenius OUT At KLKK

Bruce Wasenius
Classic Rock KLKK 103.7 FM The Fox has parted ways with a long-time voice of North Iowa, Bruce Wasenius.

“I am no longer employed by the station I helped put on the air in 1978,” Wasenius told NIT.

He says “Creative differences between management and myself is what it’s about.”

A friend says that he may have strayed too far from the radio’s canned playlist, leading to his dismissal.

Mr. Wasenius, however, says he knows what he’s doing during his show.

“My opinion is based on 37 years of feedback from listeners as to what they want to hear and (management) does’t agree. I spend too much time acknowledging my listeners, play music that is unacceptable and don’t follow guidelines. In a nut she’ll that’s it,” he explained.

Program Director James Shamen has not commented.

Now that Wasenius is off the air, he is looking into his next move.

“I am looking into other possibilities via the internet,” he said.

KLKK 103.7 FM (25 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area

No comments:

Post a Comment