Monday, October 12, 2015

Mobile Radio: Sid Kelly New PD At WABD-FM

Sid Kelly
Cumulus Media announces that it has appointed Sid Kelly as Program Director for Top40 WABD 97.5 FM in Mobile, AL.

Kelly hosted morning shows at stations including WBHT, Wilkes-Barre, PA; WRVQ, Richmond, VA; WVKS, Toledo, OH; and most recently, at WAJI in Fort Wayne, IN. He has also served as night jock at WXLK in Roanoke, VA and at KSLZ in St. Louis, MO.

Jan Jeffries, Senior Vice President, Corporate Programming for Cumulus said: "After an extended search, we are thrilled to announce that Sid Kelly joins us as PD of WABD. Sid has all the skills coupled with the intensity that this legendary station merits. Sid will also handle PM Drive.

A special thank you to Hayden Green, Operations Manager at Cumulus Ft. Walton, who has been Acting PD during the search. We look forward to Sid joining us on Monday, October 19.”

Angel Taylor, Vice President and Market Manager for Cumulus Mobile said: “I am excited to welcome Sid to Cumulus Mobile. I am confident he will be an asset to our amazing WABD team. His leadership and skill set is welcomed as we continue to drive the success of WABD.”

Hayden Green, Operations Manager for Cumulus Fort Walton Beach/Destin, FL said: "It has been a privilege working with Jan Jeffries, Angel Brown, and the WABD team. I'm excited about handing over the reins to such a capable young programmer as Sid Kelly. Mobile is a homecoming for Sid. He knows the market, he's buttoned-up and he's ready to lead this legendary brand. Sid Kelly will be a incredible asset to the Cumulus Gulf Coast region."

WABD 97.5 (100 Kw) Red=Local Coverage Area
Kelly said: “I couldn't be happier returning to Gulf Coast after nine years away.
I'm really excited to bring my 19-plus years of experience back to WABD in Mobile. My established relationships in the market will allow me to hit the ground running. I look forward to working alongside our morning show, "John and Johnna" to help them grow their brand and continue their success, and I am thrilled to work alongside Jan Jeffries and Mike McVay. When you add that, the weather, the seafood and the unbelievably amazing people in the Gulf Coast...this is my dream job. I can’t wait to get started!”

No comments:

Post a Comment