Saturday, October 17, 2015

Reno Radio: Times-Shamrock Cluster GM Retires

John Burkavage
Times-Shamrock Communication/Reno has announced the retirment of  General Manager John Burkavage.

A 35-year radio vet, Burkavage has been GM of the Reno cluster for the past four years. The cluster includes Alternative KRZQ 104.1 FM, Classic Rock KOZZ Z105.7 FM, Top40 KWNZ 106.3 POP-FM and News KNEZ 107.3 FM.

Burkavage stated: "I’ve been blessed to have worked with an absolutely awesome group of people over the tenure of my career and leading the team here in Reno for the Lynett and Haggerty families has been an outstanding experience. As much as I truly love the radio business and the wonderful career I’ve had in it, I’m equally excited to start a new chapter in the book of my life."

Bobby Lynett, CEO of Times-Shamrock Communications said: “Our family is thrilled and honored that John spent time working with us. I personally can’t thank John enough for everything he’s done for me.”

Times-Shamrock Radio COO Mitch Dolan added: “John leaves some very big shoes to fill and I’m delighted he’s agreed to stay and help us identify and assist in the transition of new leadership for our terrific group of stations in Reno.”

In addition to Times-Shamrock, previously John spent ten years with Entercom Communications as VP/Market Manager in Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA and Greenville/Spartanburg, SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment