Friday, November 20, 2015

Emily Stern Regrets Comments About Howard

Howard, Emily Stern
Howard Stern‘s daughter Emily said she was “embarrassed” over an interview she gave that painted her father in an unflattering light, and abruptly cancelled an event she had planned on the heels of the family fiasco.

RadarOnline.com reports, Emily, 32, raised eyebrows in a Nov. 8 chat with the NY Post in which she rattled off gripes about her King of All Media father.

Among them: that she was blindsided by father’s 1999 break-up with her mother Alison Berns following more than 20 years of marriage; that he “used to be one way, and then he [married] a model,” referring to his second wife, Beth Ostrosky; and that his raunchy radio schtick stunted her dating life.

“It’s rare I go on dates,” the “Zoo Za Zoo” singer told the paper, noting that her “dad’s emphasis on sexuality kept me out of the dating ring” in her younger years.  On Tuesday, Emily was singing a different tune, claiming that she was confused about the purpose of the piece, and regrets how it came out.

“I thought I was being interviewed about my project,” she wrote on her Facebook page. “I am embarrassed the article had the content it did. Please, friends, I ask you for your support in understanding and forgiving me.”

Emily, who practices Orthodox Judaism, presumably thought that the piece would be focused on “Wells of Miriam,” a photo exhibition that was slated for Thursday in Brooklyn, but since cancelled in the wake of the controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment