Monday, June 27, 2016

Chicago Radio: Report..WGN Extends Steve Cochran Contract

Steve Cochran
WGN 720 AM reportedly has extended the contract of personality talker Steve Cochran through December 2020.

“When I started at WGN in 2000 I thought it would be for good, and I was wrong,” Cochran said. “When I was thrown out in 2010 I thought I would never be back, and I was wrong. When I came back in 2013 I thought I would be lucky to have just a three-year run, and I was wrong. So no more predictions. I’m glad I’m here for as long as it lasts.”

Chicago media writer Robert Feder reports,  the 55-year-old Cochran still had more than two years left on his last deal — a four-year agreement signed in September 2014. The additional two-year extension, expected to be announced Monday, signals another vote of confidence from Jimmy de Castro, president and general manager of WGN.

“Steve makes it look easy with his affable brand of intelligence, but nobody works harder to gather and share the stories Chicagoans care about,” programmer chief Todd Manley said of Cochran and his show. “He’s got the raw talent and work ethic we need for many years to come.”

WGN, ratings have held steady for Cochran’s morning show, which ranks third in the market with a 5.6 percent share (6+)  and cumulative audience of 345,000, according to the latest Nielsen Audio survey.

Cochran’s show features an ensemble of contributors, including co-anchor and reporter Andrea Darlas, news and business reporter Steve Grzanich, sports anchor Dave Eanet and traffic reporter Mary Van De Velde.

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment