Friday, September 16, 2016

Albany NY Radio: Trump Touts Role In Reducing Trust In Media

Donald Trump
Donald Trump said Thursday morning that he was “really proud” of his role reducing Americans’ trust in media to a historic low, according to Business Insider.

The Republican presidential candidate, speaking to on WGDJ 1300 AM in Albany NY with host Fred Dicker, was referencing a Gallup poll which showed that only 32% of Americans had confidence in the media to “report the news fully, accurately and fairly.”

“The media has openly been dishonest and I look at that poll and I said, ‘Wow.’ Because every speech I talk about it,” Trump said. “And I have tens of thousands of people showing up to these speeches and they are on television. ... And I will tell you that everybody is talking about the dishonest.”

The New York businessman knocked what he characterized as the “total dishonesty” of certain outlets, but seemed to particularly zero in on CNN.

“CNN is unbelievably dishonest,” he said. “They call it the Clinton News Network. It’s like anything she does is fine. I mean it’s the Clinton News — it’s a joke. And that's why their ratings are terrible. So it’s really been amazing.”

Trump added: “I am really proud to say that I think I had a lot to do with that poll number.”

No comments:

Post a Comment