Friday, September 30, 2016

NYC Radio: Mike Francesa’s Unveils Final WFAN Show Date

Mike Francesa announced Thursday that his final show on WFAN 660 AM  / 101.9 FM will be Friday, Dec. 15, 2017, accoridng to the NewYork Daily News.

“I have no plans, right now, to discuss anything about my future right now,” Francesa said. “Plus I promised this place I would not spend time talking about my future until I get close to that.”

He then talked, vaguely, about his plans for the future.  “I’m very open to different things,” he said. “In broad strokes I have been contacted by some broadcast entities about what I would do.

 "I won’t be going to satellite, it’s just not something I want to do. I have a few things that do interest me, that’s not one of them. It has nothing to do with Dog being there,” he said.

“I wish Dog well there (SiriusXM), I know he signed a new contract, so congratulations on that, but it’s not going to have anything to do with me.”

Francesa said that they’re planning some remote shows during his final year-plus on WFAN’s airwaves, including his regular stops at Bar-A on the Jersey Shore and at Mohegan Sun. He said that his dates will be announced during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment