Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Cape Cod Radio: John Garabedian To EXIT Open House Party

John Garabedian & Friends
Longtime radio personality and station owners John Garabedian has announced that he will be leaving the syndicated radio show Open House Party as host at the end of this year.

Open House Party was the first live national major market Top40 radio show.  It launched on WXKS Kiss 108 in Boston in 1987, and then quickly spread to nearly every major market in the U.S. and Canada.

“When I sold Open House Party to United Stations four years ago, they required me to host for four more years.  That expires at midnight this New Year’s Eve. Though they were surprised I declined to renew, I explained that I had one major life achievement I had yet to accomplish and needed space to do it.”

United Stations has begun a search naming a new host for the Saturday night show.

Garabedian owns four radio stations WFRQ, WHYA, WKFY, and WPXY on Cape Cod.

His memoir, 'The Harmony of Parts', has just been published by Orange-Frazer Press and is available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment