Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Boston Radio: WROR's Wally Brine Sets Retirement

Loren Owens and Wally Brine
Wally Brine, half of the popular “The Loren & Wally Morning Show” for over three decades, is retiring, Beasley Media Group announced Tuesday.

Wally Brine
According to The Boston Globe, Brine’s last day on WROR 105.7 FM will be Dec. 16.

“Loren Owens and I have been together for 35 years, longer than most marriages,” Brine said in a statement.

“He’s been my friend, my teacher, my advisor, my confidant, and my hero. I have been so blessed to have been teamed up with Loren. I will be forever grateful. I just wish there were two of me. One could stay, and the other could sleep in, travel with my wife, and stay up late.”

Wally caught the radio bug at an early age, being the son of well-known radio personality Salty Brine, who hosted the top-rated morning show on WPRO for more than 50 years. His first radio job was in 1968 at WPRO-FM, and he held several other jobs in New England at WGAN, WLOB, WJBQ-FM and eventually WVBF (now WROR) where he teamed up with Loren Owens for “The Loren & Wally Show.”

Said Owens: “I’m happy for Wally because this is what he wants for the next chapter of his life. Love the guy. Always will.”


Loren Owens and co-hosts Lauren Beckham Falcone and Hank Morse will continue in mornings following Brine’s retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment