Saturday, February 11, 2017

Indy Radio: WLHK's JD Cannon Sets Retirement

J-D Cannon
JD Cannon, WLHK 97.1 Hank FM in Indianpolis MD/afternoon personality has announced his retirement from full-time radio effective Friday, April 28.

Cannon will remain with the station in a Brand Ambassador role.

"May will mark 44 years that I have been blessed with this wonderful career in Country music," said Cannon.  "Lots of great memories to carry me the rest of my life. I’m so grateful, but I’m also ready to start the next chapter. Not quitting, just slowing down a bit. I’ll never get Country radio out of my blood.”

Cannon is a 2004 Country Radio Hall of Fame inductee and has been with WLHK since 2011.  He joined the station after a 32-year run with Cumulus crosstown Country WFMS.

"I've had the pleasure of working with my friend JD for more than two-thirds of my career,” said Hank PD Fritz Moser. “While it’s going to be different not hearing him every day, I’m excited that he’ll continue as Brand Ambassador for Hank FM. JD is going to stay on to do some part-time swing shifts and you’ll likely run into him at concerts and events, too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment