Tuesday, August 22, 2017

L-A Radio: OM Gene Sandbloom To EXIT KROQ

Gene Sandbloom
Following a 25-year run, OM Gene Sandbloom announced via Facebook that he would soon be leaving his longtime post at CBS radio's KROQ 106.7 FM for an eventual move to France, according to Jockline Daily at The Morning Mouth.

"After 25 years at KROQ, I'll be leaving next week. It's been an amazing run, and throw in Music Director at KIIS-FM, A&R Director at MCA Records and Managing Editor of Network 40 Magazine, that's 35 years in the Music Biz in LA. It's time to move on. I'm off to the Sierras to solo backpack the John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Mount Whitney in September. Then a quick stop in Cuba before I head to France. I'll be picking up an off-road motorcycle when I land, and lots and lots of maps. I can't take up French residency until 2019, so next year I'll be traveling the world looking for my next job. Africa, Asia, Europe, or back here in the States - anything and everything is on the table."

In a staff memo, CBS Radio SVP/Programming Kevin Weatherly commented, "Gene's dedication, passion and tremendous work ethic will be sorely missed. He first came to KROQ as Music Director in 1992. He quickly rose to the position of Operations Manager and took on whatever challenge was thrown his way. He's made so many important contributions to the success of KROQ throughout the years and has always done it with a first-class attitude and approach."

Weatherly added, Please join me in thanking him for all his years of service, loyalty and devotion to KROQ. We wish him much success and happiness as he begins this new chapter."

No comments:

Post a Comment