Thursday, September 7, 2017

NYC Radio: Boomer Still "Loves" WFAN Partner Carton

Boomer & Carton
WFAN radio host Boomer Esiason Thursday morning professed his “love” for his accused Ponzi schemer co-host Craig Carton – and insisted their show would go on in one form or another.

“I just want people know out there that I’ve loved my partner for 10 years and I still love my partner,” Esiason said on the air while joined by former Giants quarterback Phil Simms.

Esiason said he has not spoken with his partner since the last time they were on the air together.

Carton was busted by the feds Wednesday morning on charges he ripped off millions of dollars from investors by selling bogus concert tickets to cover his gambling debts.

Carton, 48, and business partner Joseph Meli, 43, an event promoter, allegedly ripped off at least $3.6 million from two investors. Carton also is accused of pocketing an additional $2 million from one of the investors.

Esiason began the four-hour show Thursday in light banter before he turned serious, saying the company wanted him to mention that Carton has been suspended “until further notice.”

“Thank you to all our listeners, I want to thank you, thank you to the people in my life, thank you to all our sponsors that reached out to me yesterday. As you can imagine my phone blew up as everybody was finding out what was going on and everybody read the complaint,” he said.

“It’s shocking, it’s shocking, but the people that reached out to me on Twitter, the people that reached out to me personally, the people sending e-mails and everything else … just blew me away, absolutely blew me away.”

The former Jets and Bengals quarterback vowed that the show will endure, despite his missing “point guard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment