Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Another Top Exec Out At NPR

David Sweeney
A second top NPR news director has been forced to resign in less than a month over sexual-harassment allegations, according to The NYPost.

The public-radio behemoth announced Tuesday that Chief News Editor David Sweeney was out after at least three female journalists leveled complaints against him.

“David Sweeney is no longer on staff,” Chris Turpin, acting senior vice president of news, wrote in an e-mail to staffers.

“This is a difficult time for our newsroom and I’m committed to supporting all of you as we move forward,” Turpin said. “I know you appreciate that there are some questions I cannot answer in keeping with our practice to not comment on personnel issues, but I will do my best to address those I can.”

The move came after an internal review of Sweeney’s conduct, the news agency said. The women who leveled allegations against him included current and former employees, it said.

Earlier this month, NPR’s senior vice president of news and editorial director, Michael Oreskes, was forced to resign amid allegations of sexual misconduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment