Wednesday, November 29, 2017

NYC Radio: Mike Francesa Plans Final Show

Mike Francesa
After three decades of hearing Mike Francesa in afternoon drive on WFAN 660 an / 101.9 FM, the longtime talk show host is heading down the stretch of his final shows, according nj.com.

As loyal listeners tune in day after day to hear Francesa's take on the biggest story, there will likely be something different about Dec. 15, 2017--the scheduled date of the final WFAN show.

So, what's in the plans? Something different or the usual Francesa banter with callers and guests?

In a conversation with Jason Barrett of Barrett Sports Media, Francesa revealed a little bit about what the end of the run could look like--including his final segment on WFAN.

"The day before the final show I'll be broadcasting live from the Museum of Broadcasting with a number of guests, family, WFAN people, a small audience of about 200 people. We're not selling tickets to that. We'll just be giving some away.

"The final show will just be me. I'm not letting anybody in the studio. I'm not doing any media that day. I even told my family to stay home and listen to it. I'm coming in, doing a show, talking to the audience, no guests, and then I'm getting up at 6:30 and leaving."

No comments:

Post a Comment