Friday, December 8, 2017

NYC Radio: Mike Francesa Hints At The Future

Mike Francesa
Mike Francesa has given his first significant hints about his future after his time with WFAN 660 AM / 101.9 FM ends next week.

The legendary radio host told Sports Illustrated that he is considering making his NFL picks on Bill Simmons’ Ringer podcast.

“It is no secret that Bill and I like to work together,” Francesa said on the podcast. “A lot of people want to know where I will go to finish my football picks, which are very popular. A couple of people have asked me to sell them. I said no. Bill has offered me a home to pick them on his podcast, which I am thinking about. The NFL Network has offered me the opportunity to do it. So I will do it somewhere. I don’t know where. But I would say the likeliest place is Simmons’ podcast because of my relationship with him.”

Simmons has been a frequent guest/co-host on Francesa’s show in recent years after growing up a fan of “Mike & the Mad Dog.” The former ESPN-er made an appearance at Long Island’s Tilles Center for a prime-time public goodbye to Francesa, whose final show is Dec. 15. After Chris Russo left the program in 2008, Francesa offered Simmons a permanent spot next to him. The only other person Francesa seriously considered was Ian Eagle.

It’s unclear what Francesa’s long-term plans will be beyond his NFL picks, though he spoke glowingly about Simmons and his own podcast on The Ringer’s growing network is one possibility that makes sense, according to The NYPost.

No comments:

Post a Comment