Friday, March 30, 2018

Ryan Seacrest Accuser Files Police Report


Suzie Hardy has filed a police report against Ryan Seacrest. The LAPD is investigating her sexual harassment claims against Seacrest, Deadline reports.

Hardy worked as a stylist for Seacrest at E! for several years. This latest development comes after E! launched an internal investigation that did not find sufficient evidence to substantiate her claims, which Seacrest denies.

“I dispute these reckless allegations and I plan to cooperate with any corporate inquiries that may result,” the Live With Kelly and Ryan co-host said in his statement at the time.

“I treat all my colleagues with kindness, dignity, and understanding, as this is a principle that’s core to who I am. Throughout my 25 years in the entertainment industry, the majority of my co-workers have been women, and I’ve endeavored to foster a positive work environment of mutual respect and courtesy, as that’s how I believe it should be. I’m distraught that anyone or any situation would call that into question. I’m proud of my workplace reputation, and believe my track record will speak for itself. I’m an advocate for women. I will continue to support their voices.”

Seacrest is also the host of American Idol on ABC.


In a guest column in The Hollywood Reporter Thursday, Hardy said she would not be silenced. She wrote that “E! owner NBC Universal conducted an incomplete investigation of the facts and declared the results ‘inconclusive.'”

Hardy added: “NBC did not interview 10 of the witnesses I provided, including my therapist and my boyfriend at the time.”

“So much for ‘Let’s believe the women,’ right?” Hardy fumed. “Unless you’re the president of the United States or a TV cash cow, apparently. Those who work with Ryan seem to hope I will just go away. Well, I’m not going away … I recently contacted the LAPD and filed a police report so I’m guaranteed a real investigation this time.”

Hardy continued: “Ryan’s team of lawyers, who are also representing Harvey Weinstein, do not intimidate me. If Ryan is so innocent, why hasn’t he called me a liar or sued me or presented evidence of my so-called extortion plot?”

She also criticized his co-worker, Kelly Ripa: “Everyone in Hollywood who stands by Ryan now is choosing not to believe me. That includes every guest on his shows, every studio and network that does business with him, every celebrity who talks to him on a red carpet. Know that this is a choice you are making.”

No comments:

Post a Comment