Friday, April 20, 2018

Nashville Radio: Carrie Underwood Visits The Bobby Bones Show


After announcing a new album and on Sunday returning to the spotlight to debut a song at the Academy of Country Music Awards, Carrie Underwood has checked off another first since an injury kept her laying low for several months.

She gave her first interview on Thursday morning, visiting the Bobby Bones Show studio in Nashville to talk about her new album being released in September, "Cry Pretty," her husband Mike Fisher's return to the Predators and the fall last year that left her in need of dozens of stitches.

"I went to catch myself and I just missed a step," Underwood said of tripping over a step and falling while taking her dogs outside her Nashville-area home in November.

Having received stitches around her mouth, Underwood told Bones she "didn't know what it was going to heal like."



"I was at a point where I didn't know how things were going to end up," she said. "I didn't know what was going to go on."

Since the fall in November, Underwood has remained out of the spotlight.

During that time, Underwood told Bones one of the most frustrating parts of waiting to heal "was trying to work out with a broken wrist."

The Nashville Tennessean reports Underwood, who announced told fans earlier this year she was "not quite looking the same" after her fall and surgery, told Bones she had been "very fortunate in the healing process."

"I don’t know if I’ll ever be done talking about it, because it was an event in my life,” Underwood said. “And, I mean, I’m OK talking about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment